How to Stay Up-to-Date With Social Media Changes
Social media is an incredibly fast moving industry. It is literally impossible to stay on top of every relevant story in the industry. So how do you stay up-to-speed with the most important social media news?
We’ll let you in on our go-to resources for the latest social media changes.
Social Media News Sites
We suggest bookmarking these top 3 social media sites in your web browser:
- Mashable covers the top social media news on topics like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest and more.
- The Next Web publishes international news on technology, business, and culture. You can choose to see only social media updates by selecting the channel “Social Media” in the column on the top left of the page.
- Social Media Examiner is the world’s largest online social media magazine. You can subscribe to their newsletter so automatic updates sent directly to your inbox.
Subscribe to Social Media E-Newsletters
Don’t have the time to surf the web for the latest social media news? Well you don’t have to! Subscribe to these leading e-newsletters so you can have the news delivered directly to you.
- SocialFresh.com delivers weekly social media insights from around the web on the business of social media directly to your mailbox.
- SmartBrief on Social Business takes leading social media sources from around the web and compiles into one daily newsletter.
- Social Times is a popular social media source providing daily social media news.
Follow Social Media Enthusiasts
Take to Twitter to follow social media leaders to stay up-to-date on social media. Social media experts are essentially doing all the work for you so you don’t have to. Some people to consider following are:
- Jay Baer – @jaybaer is is an American marketing consultant, speaker, and the author of the New York Times bestselling book, Youtility.
- Brian Solis – @briansolis is a world-renowned digital analyst and futurist.
- Jeff Bullas – @jeffbullas is a social media marketing blogger, expert, and speaker.
- Mari Smith – @MariSmith is one of the world’s leading social media strategists and widely recognized as the top Facebook marketing expert in the world.
- Andrea Vahl – @AndreaVahl is an internally recognized social media consultant and speaker.
How are you staying in the social media loop? Feel free to share your favourite social media resources below.